Saturday, January 31, 2009

One Month Old and Sleep Issues


Well the good news is that we have reached the one month mark and my little one is growing like a weed. I can't believe how big she has grown in such a short amount of time. I wouldn't be surprised if Tuesday at our weigh in she's over ten pounds.
Breastfeeding is going well and with the herbs I'm taking I have been able to nurse her full time with little supplementation. However it doesn't leave me much room to stock up for when I'm away from her. But I'm just happy giving her what nutrition I can and will continue to do so as long as I can. I am proud that after my surgery I am still able to do so and our Lactation Consultant says I am doing extremely well for having reduction surgery and better than she thought I would do.
The last thing I ever expected in my life was to have a child who didn't want to sleep. For forty-eight hours I have been unable to sleep or put my child down. For some reason she refused to lie down on her own or down period. Unless she was held upright against my chest she wouldn't rest. And even when she did rest it was for 5 minutes before she'd start screaming again. So Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I dealt with her. Last night when Adam got home he took the reigns and all night I got to sleep consecutively. He got up to change her and feed her, once he was done feeding her he would wake me up so I could pump while he tried to get her back down and to my surprise it worked. She actually slept and in her own bed. I slept until 10am and then she was back on my watch today. So far this evening she hasn't eaten much so we'll see what this evening has in store for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.