Monday, March 26, 2012

Sharing Some Sunshine

I'm so excited that I can finally share this package that I completed for my friends. I had to wait until the recipients actually received it though. A while back a fellow December Mama pinned a bloggers idea of giving a "Box Full of Sunshine" to someone who was down or otherwise just needed a pick me up. The concept is simple, you gather yellow "sunshine" items and pack a box full of said items and ship it off to that special person in your life.

I thought now, "Hey that's a pretty cool idea." I didn't realize just how amazing of an idea it would become until the unthinkable occurred. A very close friend, whom I've never met in real life; but trust me that will change, suddenly found herself amidst the hardest thing I can imagine happening. Her mother-in-law passed away, suddenly, and without cause.

It hurt not only her, her husband, their children, her father-in-law, her sister-in-laws and hundreds if not thousands of other loved ones. To hear her tell of this woman's acts of love brings tears to my eyes as I type this. Her family has a special place in my heart and I need her to know that. To know that, no matter the miles between us, I'm always a phone call or text away. That I've not once stopped thinking about "How are they doing? I hope day after day, things are slowly healing." Mama S. left a big gaping hole in their lives, but I'm sure that with the support of friends and loved ones, time will heal that hole. Okay, so enough tears.


I found this amazing golden butterfly box at Michael's. I thought that it was the perfect size and gorgeous enough that once empty they can fill it up with their memories of Mama S. to share with the babies when they are older.

Story1
For the girls; I had a Taggie blanket made for the little one, and for the older one a few trinkets including an Easter bracelet. The box was jam packed full of delicious, comforting treats for everyone. Now you may be wondering what the 1-800-CALL-OUMA is about, and I'll tell you. Ouma, was the girls name for Grandma. And a fellow December Mama had suggested releasing balloons into the air with a note to Ouma so they can still talk to her. That lovely yellow bag is filled with over 140 yellow balloons so the girls can talk to her anytime they want.

Story2
Being that Easter is upon us, there were quite a few yellow items out there right now. So I got each girl a yellow plush animal, some yellow peeps of course and various other yellow snacks. Inside the closed bags they will find malted Easter eggs, chocolate covered pretzels, and yummy butterscotch candies. I enjoyed putting this package together, but not nearly as much as hearing how much it touched my beloved friends heart.

Laura, I meant it. You and your family mean the world to me and to hear you are hurting, hurts my heart. May time pass quickly and heal the void in your hearts. May your family and friends give you the comfort you need. And know that you will see Mama again one day.



1 comment:

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.