Saturday morning we woke up and I checked her hand only to find the boo-boo's swollen and icky looking. So I busted out the trusty Neosporin and band aid. I carefully applied it and she thought the cute pink band aid with monkey on it was something to eat. Adam quickly grabbed the cloth tape and we wrapped it around her hand to keep the band aid on. Here are some pictures from yesterday that shows how she took it.
So, after our photo shoot Adam put her in her bouncer while we fixed breakfast. Later Adam went to grab her for breakfast and noticed that her band aid was gone. I panicked of course, and had him check her seat to make sure it didn't get rubbed off or something. He said no, it's no where, she must have ate it. WHAT? He took her to her room to change her and brought her to the kitchen. The whole time I'm contemplating what could have happened to it. Really, what are the odds that she would have actually eaten the band aid and tape.
After breakfast I checked the seat and surrounding area myself with no luck. I hollered at Adam upstairs and asked him where he thinks it could have gone. Then he mentions (as he so kindly forgot to do earlier) that he had removed the tape already because she was "chewing" on it. I said, you didn't tell me that. I asked him what he did with the tape. He said he threw it in the trash can and he *knew* that the band aid was still on her hand.
I hunkered over the trash in the living room and there it was...a pretty pink band aid, still attached to a piece of tape in the trash can. See, I knew she couldn't have eaten it. Next time Daddy needs to give Mommy all of the details so she doesn't freak out.

Daddy's just don't get it sometimes! Glad you found it in the trash.
ReplyDelete