Thursday, June 23, 2011

A New Do and Nursing Pictures


This weekend is a family wedding. It also happens to coincide with hair cut time. Both boys were getting shaggy so we headed off to the barber shop. Being that it's summer, and it's just hair, we decided to give Evan his first buzz. :) My baby went into the barber shop a little boy and came out a little man. He looks so different. It's going to take some time to get used to, as well as a hat (fat chance) and some sunblock to keep his blond head from getting burned. Isn't he just a doll?

{Before you click read more, I want to warn you that you will see pictures of Evan nursing. There's no cleavage showing, but I still wanted to let you know what you would see.}

Before nap time I told Adam that I'm not sure how much longer Evan plans on nursing and I want to document it. He looked at me like I was a freak. But honestly, he has no idea what these pictures mean to me. This is a chapter in Evan's life that I am ecstatic about. I'm thrilled that we busted through all the problems and made it work. I'm even more thrilled that he's nearing a year and a half old and we're still nursing three times a day, at least.

Most importantly I wanted to capture that gaze he gets in his eyes. When he's comfortable, he stops wiggling, he stops trying to poke his fingers in my mouth and he stops trying to wrap he foot over my shoulder. He just stops and stares at me with the most amazing eyes. It's an incredible bond and I feel lucky to have been able to share this with my child. I don't know how much longer he'll want to nurse, but I'll let him continue as long as we're both comfortable with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.