Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Big Girl Got Her Ears Pierced

IMG_7545


For what seems like ages Bella has been begging us to get her ears "peered." There was even an infamous video from a trip to Wal-Mart. {Note: When she asked Daddy his response was "Well, I have a nail gun at home." She sighed and walked away from him. LOL.}




So after much begging and whining and "needing" earrings and wanting to wear Mommy's earrings we finally pulled the trigger (pun intended).

I tried to take her to a studio with a professional piercer, unfortunately it was their policy that they cannot pierce anyone under 14 years old. :( So we move to the next best place and recommended store, Claire's. I'm glad we did. There were two associates there so they could pierce at the same time and lessen the chances she'd chicken out if they'd only pierced one ear at a time.

We checked out the laundry list of earrings available and she wanted these glitter "butterflies" and quite frankly we could have let her go with them, but they looked more like pink and blue blobs than butterflies. I was actually very surprised she didn't want the Hello Kitty earrings. So Daddy & I narrowed the choices down to a 3mm in her birthstone (blue topaz) or a 4mm pink crystal. She ended up going with the pink crystal.

 photo EarringPicks_zpsf7af0a62.jpg

She had a very nervous look on her face as the ladies approached from either side. She closed her eyes, they counted to three and pierced. She jumped and was so wide eyed. It was a little funny. She had no clue what she was in for no matter how much we explained it ahead of time. Again, very grateful they did both ears at the same time.

When we asked her if it hurt, she replied "The earrings didn't hurt, but the pokers did." Even more funny, the minute she hopped down Evan exclaimed "Okay, Bubba's turn!" It took everything we had to not roll on the floor laughing. He had everyone rolling and of course Daddy explained to him, it doesn't work that way. LOL.

She's done fabulous with them thus far. We clean and turn them three times a day and she doesn't play with them. I'm glad we waited until she was ready for them. I recall driving home that day, looking back to her in the back seat and she just looked so grown up. I don't what it is about a pair of earrings on a four year old, but man she looked like a mini-teenager. ;)

BSP_2937web

BSP_2931web

BSP_2955web

BSP_2925web

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.