For quite a while Bubba has been infatuated with martial arts, or so it appears. He has been "High-Yawing" everything in sight and he's really good at take-downs on Sissy. None of which he's ever been shown or instructed how to do any maneuvers. So, after a lot of nagging and whining on my part, Adam finally checked into Tiny Champs.
Bubba has always loved going to watch "Dadda's Dance Class" (Krav Maga) and since he can't partake in Sissy's weekly dance class, it's only fair that we find an outlet for him. I wasn't sure what to expect walking in, but I knew this was going to be an adventure. I mean after all we're talking about a class of 3 and 4 year olds. LOL.
When class started he didn't want to put on his Gi, and therefore he couldn't get on the mat. When they got started with warm ups he was all about jumping into it and quickly changed his mind about the Gi. He fit right in with the boys. (There were two girls in the class but they didn't stay near the boys often.)
At the end of the day it was fun to watch his first class. The kids are hilarious. Evan, still needs to work on his listening skills and patience. The poor kid kept cutting in line for the obstacle course and I had to tell him no at the beginning of class because he already knew where the "toys" were and of course that's the first place he heads to. :P
I do however believe this will be very beneficial in getting him to listen. I could tell as the class progressed that he was listening better to his instructor. Gotta give props to Miss Whitton... that class of hers if full of energy!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.