Wednesday, August 21, 2013

First Belt

Lil Champs - First Belt

Lil Champs - First Belt

Today was her second class, and it was fun to watch. We have to buy her some gloves of her own, the owners let her borrow a pair and they were three times heavier and too large for her little hands. But she held her own.

We definitely have to get her out of her comfort zone as she's being very timid and if she's not careful should could end up getting hurt. I've noticed that she closes her eyes when her training partner throws a punch or kicks the tombstone.

I understand it's going to take her a month or more to get the hang of things, being she's never done most of the tasks before. But she's definitely in love with her class. She's excited to be there and eager to learn even if she acts shy. I know with more practice she'll open up and start showing her personality in class.

I have to give credit to Ms. Davis for her patience with the only four year old in the class. After all a group of 5-7 years old kids isn't exactly an easy group to wrangle, and tossing in a four year old who has no clue what she's doing...well Ms. Davis, you are amazing in my book.

Lil Champs - First Belt Lil Champs - First Belt

She was so thrilled to earn her first belt tonight. I know I look forward to her growth in karate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.