Bittersweet. That's about the only way to sum up today. My big girl took her first steps into the educational system. We awoke rather early, ate breakfast, packed her lunch, and stepped out for a few, soon to be traditional, photographs.
This one makes me laugh. She was yelling "First Day of School."
This is an adult sized t-shirt I purchased and the intent is we will take a picture of her in it, every first day of school. Her Senior year I will have a collage of her growing into it. She was not thrilled to put it on as you can see. She just kept telling me this shirt is too big and "it's for you not me Mama." Poor kiddo. ;)
She discovered a box of magnetic toys...and that was all she wrote. LOL. I had to get into her face to get her to look up just to get a picture. When I said we were leaving... "Bye Mom." Didn't even break eye contact with the toy. *crushed heart*
Daddy had to tear Bubba away from the Mr. Potato Head box and the screaming and crying ensued. Poor kid was difficult to console, tried climbing into the back of the car and we had to tag team him just to get him in the car seat. Later on after calming down, under his breath, he mumbled "I miss Sissy."
I was able to go alone to pick Arabella up from school. Ms. Gann brought her to me, and told me she had a great day. She laid down for rest time with no incident, and she got a special hand stamp for her superior listening skills.
I could tell she had a great day and I loved getting one on one feed back from her teacher. Of course her first words to me were "Where's Daddy?" Oye! Once a Daddy's girl, always a Daddy's girl.








No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.