Monday, May 18, 2015

Glass Cuts

Arabella learned a tough lesson tonight. She's been warned multiple times to stop picking up items off the ground. This child sees everything as a treasure and wants to keep it...everything. Finally tonight it ended as I had warned it might.

Trip To Urgent Care

We arrived at dance, Arabella hopped out and headed for the sidewalk. I was in the process of pulling Evan from his seat when I heard a clink noise from her direction. I turned around and she ran towards me, upset, panicked, and with blood flowing from her finger. She screeched "I hurt my finger." I saw nothing but blood.

We hurried into the studio, sending Bubba into class first. I got her to the bathroom to see how bad the cut was. I could not get it to stop bleeding to see how big the cut was. So I spoke to the office manager and she said she would keep Bubba after class until we got back to the studio.

Trip To Urgent Care
Pre Glue

I have limited medical knowledge, but I knew she needed to keep pressure on the finger to keep the bleeding from being too bad. She did a marvelous job and was able to get the bleeding to stop by the time I arrived at urgent care. It had partially sealed up so the doctor said we could avoid stitches and just glue it closed. I'm glad we didn't have to make a trip to the ER...and stitches...ugh, I don't even want to think about it.

Trip To Urgent Care
All Glued Up
Multiple coats of glue, and a dose of ibuprofen later, we were released. She has to take it easy, ice it and take pain medicine for a while, but she'll pull through. :)

Trip To Urgent Care
The nurse treated her to a sprite.

138 | 365 Empty
The devil in disguise.

She learned her lesson, albeit the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.