Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

Mother's Day 2015

Today was an extra special day for me. There were more surprises than I can recall of recent. This morning we started off early for my third annual Mother's Day 5k in Kansas. I chose to take both kids with me in the jogger instead of finding someone to watch them, as Adam was working. They both did great. We played "dodge the people" the whole time, and Evan requested "go faster" anytime we had to walk because of the human blockades. I was actually pretty tickled with our time given the crowded aspect of the course and the fact that I was shoving two children in a jogger in front of me.

Mother's Day 5k 2015
Pre Race

Mother's Day 5k 2015
Me & My Girls

Mother's Day 5k 2015 Mother's Day 5k 2015

Mother's Day 5k 2015
Best Running Buddy Ever!

As we were about 3/4 of a mile from the finish Evan let us know he needed to use the restroom so we stepped it up a notch. About a half mile from the finish I get a text from Adam. SURPRISE! He is waiting for us at the finish line. We had discussed it the night prior that he would just go home after work but he decided that he would surprise me instead. He made me so happy.

Mother's Day 5k 2015
Finish Photo Courtesy of Adam

Mother's Day 5k 2015
Finish Photo Courtesy of Adam

Mother's Day 5k 2015


After the race I took Marisa home and Adam headed to meet his Mother. Little did I know that he had stopped and picked up flowers for me for Mother's Day. Surprise number two! While we waited for him to arrive home, Evan used my "big girl camera" and snapped some photos of me. I'd say he's got the knack, and I even had it set on Manual.

130 | 365 Purple
Evan took this for me...not too shabby for a 5 year old.

Mother's Day 5k 2015
My running bling

Mother's Day 2015 

To finish off my wonderful Mother's Day morning Adam ran out and grabbed Chipotle for me while I was showering. Surprise number three! Oh but he didn't stop there. Later he ran out for Sheridan's for dessert. Guess you could say he spoiled me well today. :) I am truly lucky. Great friends, wonderful kids, and an amazing husband. I cannot be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.