Friday, September 25, 2009

20 Week Ultrasound

First and most important, we have a very healthy little baby. Wiggly and healthy, sounds just like Bella. So to begin, the wiggly part made it difficult to get any really good pictures of the little booger. We do know that the baby weighs around 13 ounces, which is right on target for my due date.

Secondly, Daddy is the most proud man on the face of the Earth right now. He had to step out and change Bella while the tech started our ultrasound. She patiently did her job while we waited for them to return. Once he was back in the room, she used the pointer on the screen and said "there's the tip of the penis." You could see Adam jumping up and down for joy inside. He had the most proud look on his face. It makes me teary eyed just thinking about it. She then made the age old announcement, "it's a boy." Again, he was so wiggly it was hard to get a "good" picture of his parts. We were able to see them on the screen, so it is definite. In the picture below "it" is laying to the inner thigh. The tech told us to look for the little cross hairs in the picture. I tried to place the arrow below it, but I don't know if it's much help.

We still plan on having another 3d/4d ultrasound done. Not really to confirm, but more for Mommy and her love of scrapbooking. It just wouldn't be fair to have great quality pictures of one baby and not the other.


And it is rather apparent he is going to be a lot like his big sister. He's already munching on the fingers. Yay!

We were able to spread the news to our family. Our one and only nephew on my side of the family was so thrilled. Adam told him in person and Gaige's response was "WOOHOO" with a fist in the air. Gaige then ran outside to tell Papa, who was mowing. Dad got off the mower and started walking towards Adam and said "alright, it's about time someone else was able to make it happen." Then they landed a big hi-five. MEN! I mean, I do feel for my dad. Living in a house with 5 women, have one grandson and three granddaughters, plus another granddaughter due to arrive in October. And when we had animals in the house, if it wasn't female it was neutered. So, the boys deserve some more testosterone I guess. Either way they'll have Gaige, Demi, Brooklyn, Arabella, Abigail, and Baby Boy????

Yes, we have two names we are tossing around and one is winning over the other. I'm not sure when we plan to announce our name choices though. We may just make everyone wait until he arrives!



2 comments:

  1. congratulations on a healthy baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! Love your blog signing up toe be a follower.

    the buzz,Brandy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.