Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cravings & Heartburn

I haven't talked much about "what" I'm feeling so here goes...random, probably won't make sense, but oh well.

Heartburn sucks. It's just started bothering me the past two days. Wouldn't be because of the gianormous pot of chili I practically ate by myself for the past two days?

Cravings - I can't really call them cravings. They're more like, foods I enjoy that everyone else thinks is weird. Here are a few things I enjoy.

  • Ego Homestyle Waffles, toasted w/ lots of peanut butter on top
  • Pillsbury Toaster Strudels (Apple, Strawberry)
  • Mozzarella cheese sticks, Cheetos, orange juice (yes, all together)
  • Cheetos
  • Orange juice
  • Frosted Mini-Wheats, dry, straight out of the bag
  • Sam's Club trail mix
  • Sonic Cheddar Bites & Sweet Tea
  • Chicken that's overcooked. Adam finds this strange because I LOVE juicy chicken. For some reason if the chicken isn't nearly dried out, it's almost off putting to me.
  • Bacon, especially hickory smoked

Another weird *side effect* seems to be a lack in my obsession with chocolate. I crave chocolate when I'm not pregnant. I wanted everything slathered in chocolate when I was pregnant with Bella. Now, "eh" doesn't really matter to me. In fact, when Adam fixes me a bowl of ice cream, I'm actually requesting less than I ever have. So strange. Sugar is my one true weakness and I could care less for it.

Aversions - The thought of these don't make me sick really, I just don't care for it right now.

  • Juicy chicken
  • Hamburger
  • Milk in my cereal first thing in the morning. I love cereal, but I use it for a night time snack.
  • Coke. Usually I have a pop or two a day. Lately I find myself going two or three days without popping a top open.
  • People rubbing my fat roll *thinking* it's the baby. Sorry to disappoint, he's not up that high yet. Try rubbing right under the fat roll. You know, where it starts to overlap on top of my belly button

Hormones - When I was pregnant with Bella I was all over the place. It didn't take much for me to start bawling. Once I'd start, I couldn't stop. I've cried a few times this go round. But I always feel better afterwards. With Bella it could go on for days. Emotionally, I'm pretty stable. I have my moments still, but hey, I deal with an 8 month old 24/7.

Thyroid - For those unaware I have a thyroid condition. It has been underactive for the past four years or so and I was place on medication prior to Adam & I getting married. I normally have my TSH levels (thyroid stimulating hormones) tested every six months. Due to pregnancy TSH has to be tested every 6 weeks. If the TSH levels are not kept normal it can cause birth defects in an unborn child. This is what kind of gave us a clue we might be having a boy. With Bella they had to up my medication every six weeks. With this little guy, it has remained the same since my second month of pregnancy. I pretty much took that as a sign that there wasn't a little girl in my tummy.

That's all for tonight. As I remember more I'll add it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.