Daddy then got down beside the bed and she attempted to give him kisses but ended up head butting him with the bill of the hat. They also played peek-a-boo. If there's one thing certain in this world, it's that a certain little girl loves her Daddy.
In her new found age she has developed tremendously. She's getting more and more brave with each passing day. Today she decided it was a good time to pull up to Mommy with a toy and then let go, balance, and chew on her toy at the same time. We are definitely getting closer to walking.
No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, she really does have pretty blue eyes. I use an online photo editing software and was playing around tonight with a feature I hadn't used and I think it turned out kind of cool.
Below you will see one of our biggest pet peeves with her...chewing on the leather furniture. It's a big no-no and of course when you tell her so and pop her mouth (lightly, of course) she screams as if she's broken a bone. Daddy was so not happy to see this picture.
Here she is doing her dance. I did take a video, but they take forever to load on here. Basically she hits the buttons on the table and when the music plays she bounces up and down. It's cute and she smiles at you because you're smiling at her.
This past week she has started her bear crawl. She hates to crawl on her knees and would prefer to walk. Of course Mommy has no desire to bend over and hold her hands while we slowly walk across the floor. I'm more than happy to let her figure it out on her own. She even stood in the middle of the floor today and used a toy to try and stand up. Of course the toy wasn't tall enough to assist but at least she's attempting it. I'd say baby steps, but she seems to do everything in leaps and bounds.
So far I have been relatively unsuccessful in getting a picture of her standing on her own. This was the closest I've come today, even after taking hundreds of pictures. It's like she sees the camera and decides she wants to sit. Or she's too close to me, because she's using the couch as her pull up device. Soon enough...
Our last milestone of the day involved her first ever teething biscuit. Thursday we went shopping and I picked up some yogurt melts, and cheese puffs (aka baby crack among my December Mamas), chicken & turkey sticks and of course whole wheat teething biscuits.
She wasn't sure what to think at first, but she sure knew what to do with it. After a few tastes, she was hooked. She gnawed until there was nearly nothing left. Of course it ended up in her ears, her hair, on top of the highchair, under the highchair tray, and sprinkled around her chair on the floor. Thank goodness we purchased a floor mat while we were out and about. She nearly gagged herself at the end because she tried shoving the remaining piece in and couldn't figure out why it didn't melt like the rest of her finger foods.



she's so freakin adorable. love the bear crawl.
ReplyDelete