Well this is a couple of weeks late, but better late than never. These past couple of weeks have been very trying on a pregnant insomniac of a Mommy. At eleven-months-old we couldn't be any more proud of where our little girl is. She's a smart cookie and has the most gorgeous eyes you've ever seen. In the past month she's figured out how Daddy makes his signature "winkie brow" as we like to call it. It more or less resembles the one-eyebrow raise that The Rock is famously known for. She's somewhat doing it above but I've seen her do it better.
We've added a lot of new things to our list this past month, including walking, baby babble, attempting to say actual words, and being a little know-it-all-smart-quick learner (is that even a word?). We can now say the following, in context none-the-less, Uh-oh, Wow-Wow, and Bites. And I'm pretty sure today she attempted to say her own name. If you recall I made her name in wooden letters and placed them on the wall above her changing table in her room. Daddy has started this new learning time "game." After a diaper change he will pick her up, because she's also started pointing at things she wants, and she points to her name. He'll go through the letters one by one, twice. Then he'll say her name and we point to her. So today I picked her up, turned her to the letters and proceeded to spell her name. Before I could get to it the second time she said Ah-beh-wah, aka Arabella. She did this all afternoon long. So I'm pretty sure it wasn't a coincidence, but only time will tell.
Our baby signing has somewhat gone to the way-side. Sometimes she'll do it, but most times she won't. However, we still sign to her and she tells us if that's what she wants or not. We've also started the weaning process to get her off of formula. She loves milk. And for the first time ever she's begun drinking juice. But she still prefers to chug water. And as seen below she's clapping for herself. When we say "good girl" or "big girl" she claps. It's too funny, but she does it on cue every time.

And in brother news, she's either really fascinated with the fact that Mommy is willing to show her bulging belly and belly button to her or she really does know how to "give lovins" to her little brother. She loves to kiss the belly and lay her head on it. Lord does she loves to punch and kick it, but recently her biggest fascination is sticking her fingers in my belly button until I laugh. Then she'll laugh.
I'm getting really terrible pregnancy brain so right now I can't think of every milestone she's hit this past month. This is probably due to the lack of sleep from the pregnancy and the fact that the poor kid seems to have every other tooth in her mouth trying to bust through right now. Her sleeping habits have been terrible. She's waking several times through the night and has started demanding food to get back to sleep. Sometimes she's refusing to go back to sleep period and just screams. It's been a train wreck. I did find one of her teeth FINALLY came through today, but unfortunately the remainder are still hiding behind her poor swollen gums and several of them are her molars. Who knows how long it will take for those suckers to come in. Until then we'll keeping trucking along and pray that they either give up or come in so there can be peace in the house again. Wishful thinking, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.