Saturday, December 26, 2009

1st Birthday Party

Sadly it's that time of the year. Time to reminisce of the past year, how it flew by, and figure out how our baby has grown into a toddler. We had Arabella's first birthday party the day after Christmas. Next year we may wait until after the new year to have a party, but we'll see. This year our theme was snowflakes, and I guess I lucked out as it was snowing on the day of her party. The snow came in handy for our redneck cooler (snow drift on the back deck) for the pop.


It was a fun filled evening with lots of food, great friends and family to share Arabella's monumental first birthday.

Arabella treated her guests with goodie bags of Puppy Chow for them to snack on. After chowing down she decided it was time to open up her gifts. How lucky can one little girl get? I mean three days in a row of opening gifts doesn't happen all the time.

She started to become a pro at opening gifts. She still didn't care to rip into the boxed gifts, but if it were in a bag and she could pull out the tissue paper, she was set. She got a "gumball" machine, but would rather have kept the container it came in and played with the handle, but I guess that's the normal thing for most one-year-olds.

She was so happy to get so many great gifts.

This was the last present of the evening and she just had to clap for joy.

We followed up opening gifts with a round of Happy Birthday and some yummy cake!


She wasn't quite sure what to think of the flame atop this cake, nor did she really understand what was going on. It's not every day someone plops a sugar filled treat in front of her and tells her to dig in. Eventually she got the hang of it though.

After a while she figured out that putting fist fulls of cake and icing in her mouth was a slow method and opted to just bite into the cake. Definitely a great choice in my book!


My little cake faced munchkin ~ can she get any cuter?

Ah yes, the damage was done and so was she.

It was a great party, lots of fun and she was worn out. Only 365 days until we figure out what to do for her second party!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.