Monday, February 15, 2010

It's Potty Time!

A long while back we purchased a potty ring that fits on the toilet. For sanitation and sanity sake, I wasn't about to go with a potty chair. So I introduced the ring by placing it on the floor in the master bath. Since Mommy can't go to the bathroom alone anymore it gave us the perfect opportunity to try it out. So when accompanied to the bathroom I plop Arabella down on the seat. She'd usually sit there for a few minutes and then hop up and drag the ring around the bedroom.

After tripping over the ring several times I moved it to her bathroom. When it's time for her to take a bath we undress her in her room and the second she's let down she bolts for the bathroom, knowing that it's bath time. So I started to place the ring on the toilet and we let her sit on the potty while the bath tub is filling. Usually she just stares at us and hangs on the to handles. It's quite the sight.

So we followed our usual routine tonight, but just as Daddy shut the bath water off she did it... we heard "tinkle, tinkle, tinkle." Our big girl peed in the potty!!!!! It was exciting for Mommy and Daddy. Of course Arabella looked at us like we lost our marbles because of our clapping and hollering. I'm hoping this is a good start to what will become our potty training adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.