31.25 inches
It's been fourteen months and we have been raising Little Miss Attitude 2010. Arabella has become so defiant and independent these days. She's still getting more and more brave and says no to us for everything. It rather frustrating at times but it's also great to see her learning things on her own and experimenting.
These days we're still working on our vocabulary and we've starting using some old signs again. She now signs potty when asked if her diaper needs changed. She can sign bath when asked if she wants one and it's rather cute to see her run naked to bath tub because she's so excited to play in there.
She now closes every open door she can find and she'll even attempt to close you in the closet if you're standing in the doorway. This is cute to her, but frustrating to Mommy when I'm bent over trying to grab my shoes from the floor. I'm sure soon enough we'll get a pinched finger shut in the door, but for now she's good at keeping them clear.
Daddy has started reading to her consistently before bed every night and she's getting better at sitting still for him, but she's got a ways to go. She really enjoys her night time routine with Daddy. On occasion she requires me to go in and rock her after he's tried, but not often. With me being preoccupied with Evan, she's taken a shine to her Daddy and really came out as "Daddy's Girl." It's a little sad, but I get to get her out of the crib all week long and she makes up for it with some super hugs. She recently started giving me a hug after I changer her morning diaper. I'll stand her up and ask her to squeeze my neck. She'll throw her arms up and lay against me, but hasn't quite figured out how to squeeze around the neck. It's an awesome feeling though.
She's also figured out how to climb up on the couch and attempt to climb up the back of the couch to reach things we've placed on the stairs "out of her reach." She's also taken her first head dive off of the couch while Daddy was watching her. I'm just glad I wasn't down there to witness it. We've showed her repeatedly how to get of the couch properly but every now and again she feels like attempting a swan dive.
Thanks to her Grandmama, she's now hopelessly addicted to raisins. While we were in the hospital she stayed at Grandmama's and for a snack tried out the raisins. The kid went through a two pound tub of raisins in a matter of weeks. We recently bought 4 pounds of raisins at Sam's and she's working her way down the first 2 pound bag. It's a good thing that she's in to "health food" right? And as I type she just brought me her little Tupperware container full of raisins. The kid loves her fresh fruits and isn't really picky about what food she's given as long as it's what the adults are eating.
I cannot believe that my baby isn't a baby anymore. They really do grow up too fast.


awesome update. She's growing up. Good to know about the raisins, I was thinking about letting Abby try them and wasn't sure. I'll definitely pick some up next time. Glad to hear she's doing well.
ReplyDelete