Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chiropractic Care Works

Yup, you heard right. I started taking my babies to the doctor immediately after we were released from the hospital. It was our first stop on our way home both times and I've never regretted it. I've learned many things about the importance of chiropractic care for infants this past year. If it weren't for Dr. Tim at McMullen Chiropractic I would have never known of the issues that a simple adjustment can take care of.

For Evan he was seen two days after his birth and then we scheduled our next family appointment for one month later. I'm amazed it's been a month already, but that's another post in and of itself. Before I get to yesterday's appointment I'll back up to Monday. Monday everything was going well, Evan was eating and sleeping just fine until night hit. No matter what I did he refused to sleep. Then Tuesday he decided that he didn't need to have a bowel movement. One day with out a bowel movement is fine, so I dismissed it. That night he would not sleep for anything again. I nursed him, changed him, rocked him, swaddled him, fed him a bottle; you name it we tried it. From midnight to six in the morning we went without sleep. This really sucked on so many levels. Wednesday afternoon rolled around and still nothing on the bowel front. Thankfully it was the day of our appointment to see the chiropractor.

I knew that having your spine out of alignment can cause spit up issues and bowel issues, but didn't think anything of Evan's issues. I don't know why I didn't recall this from Arabella's time with Dr. Tim. So we show up to our appointment and he asks how every things been going on the feeding/sleeping/bowel front and I explained everything. Evan was nestled on my chest and Dr. Tim felt his spine and found two places that were out. One happens to be near the bowels and the instant Dr. Tim touched it Evan moved away from him, in his sleep. He said that he hadn't been sleeping because he's bound up. So his back has been out, he's been unable to poop; so yeah, I'd probably be grouchy too and not want to sleep.

Dr. Tim did his adjustments and Evan slept the rest of the afternoon and evening. Night time rolled around and I woke him for his midnight feeding. He ate, rather well, and when I'd lay him down he'd scream and fuss. I just couldn't believe it, but again he still had yet to poop. So I did what I could to keep him calm until three am when he finally crashed out after another feeding session. It was an improvement over the past two nights for certain.

Finally this morning we got the poop we've been looking for (And how weird does that sound?). So, I suppose the next step is sleeping at night again. Crossing my fingers! All I know is that when Arabella had a couple of issues we'd have her adjusted and she'd be back to "normal" in no time. This included her starting to sleep through the night when we had her adjusted at six months old. In my Mommy opinion...chiropractic care really does work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.