Saturday, March 6, 2010

One Month Old

9 pounds 9 ounces
22.5 inches

It has been one month since our Lil Man entered the world. Where does the time go? I've heard that phrase a lot while growing up and never really understood it until I had my own children. With our hands full raising two kids, it definitely seems that time slips away from us. Thankfully, I have the opportunity to spend my days with both my children because I'm a stay at home Mom.
In the past month we've seen our little man grown and while he's not exactly beefing up like his sister did he's still just perfect. He has such a different personality than his sister did at this age. He coos from time to time and smiles quite frequently, but perhaps that's just the gas talking? He seems to be bright-eyed often and is a lot more clingy than Arabella was. He just wants to be held constantly, but particularly by Mommy. It's funny to see the differences in your children.


Breastfeeding has been slow going. We've struggled a lot more with a good latch from Evan. It appears he has a decent latch but with his aggressive sucking nature it makes it difficult for Mommy. Looking back it seems like Arabella was so much easier to handle by this age. However we are chugging along nicely, pun intended. Day by day I'm working on weaning him from the nipple shield and it's going well. We really aren't supplementing unless he is absolutely fussy and won't take no for an answer. That makes me feel a lot better to know he's gaining weight on his own and at a more natural pace.

Evan's sleeping habits are a lot better than Arabella's at this age as well. It could be the chiropractic adjustments he's had. It could also be the fact that we "know what we're doing" this time around. He's also much more consistent with his feeding schedule and sleeping patterns, so I'm sure that attributes to it as well. Don't get me wrong, he has his middle of the night moments, but he's tons better than his sissy was.

Other things I'm in awe of include his heighth gain and he strength. I really cannot believe that he grew a whole inch in one short month. As for his strength, I really thought Arabella was a strong one at this age, but he exceeds what abilities she had. He grips things so tight with his little fingers and hands that he ends up with white knuckles. And heaven forbid that object be your finger because he will squeeze every last drop of blood out of it until it's as cold and purple as can be. He also has beautiful head control.


I've also started giving him tummy time which he despises. Apparently he'd rather have to go through birth again before having tummy time. I don't fret it much though. He'll get over it soon enough and I wear him often enough to make up for any missed tummy time.

At the end of the day I cannot imagine my life without him. Sure it's been hectic with the two kids being thirteen months (and two days) apart, but in the end I know we won't regret it. I would like to have had more time in between the two, but I cannot change that and I'm sure in the future I will be very happy that there are so close together. I've heard from several people who are siblings of the same time frame who say they are best of friends with their sibling. I just hope Arabella and Evan end up that way as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.