This past week or so I've really been grilling Arabella hard and trying to get her to say her name. She has Bella down like no other, but getting her to say her full name is sometimes down right hilarious. I asked her to tell me her name at the dinner table. Of course I got Bella. I said "Yes, but can you say Arabella?" Of course she had a stumped look on her face. I then asked her to repeat me: "Ara" "Bella" her response "Ella" "Bella." So I did it again and she quickly said Ella-Bella. I had to laugh. Since then she still says Bella. Oh well, everything in its own good time.
After dinner she hopped in the bath tub and as part of one of her rituals she looks at her self in the overflow cover and chimes "baby, baby, baby." I look at her and said, "Now that's not your name is it? What is that baby's name?" Perfectly clear she says "BELLA!" and of course it rings through out the bathroom and I have to ask her to keep her voice down because Daddy is sleeping. Another ritual we have is to stop and look in the mirror before we leave the bathroom. I ask her who that cute baby is and she quietly says "Bella." I really think she's getting the hang of it. Next thing you know she'll be speaking about herself in third person. But one bridge at a time I suppose.
I love my little smartie pants!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.