Friday, February 18, 2011

Potty Time!

I've decided enough is enough and we are going to go "hard core" into potty training. So in order to get Arabella focused again I created a potty chart to hang in the bathroom, bought some Hello Kitty stickers (Valentine's gift) and some candy necklaces (cut the strings off and put them in a bowl). She also received a second potty book not too long ago as a reward for behaving while we were running errands. I love the fact that she loves getting books rather than toys.

This afternoon was a pre-cursor to what is going to start happening. I pulled out some pull-ups and we worked on sitting on the potty, sans diaper, without having a melt down. She thought it was fabulous because I rewarded her with a few pieces from the candy necklace just for sitting.

After a few rounds of "Mommy, potty!" Running the bathroom, sitting down only to hear "More candy please." I knew what she was up to. She figured that every time she sat down she'd get candy, so I quickly changed that. I told her that she would now only get candy if she actually went potty in her potty chair. She agreed to that.
Alas, we didn't go on the potty. She'd run and sit, say she was done, have me wipe her (which was pointless) and then the second she'd pull up the pull-up, she'd pee. Then she'd say "Mommy I potty. Dipe change?" Which was followed by her running to her room to pull out another pull-up.

I suppose she's at least grasping the concept that she shouldn't be running around with wet "panties?" Yes, she calls her pull-ups panties. I just have to figure out how to get her to understand that she needs to go in the potty, not her pull-up.

In the morning she will wake up and we will begin our extensive potty training session. I will introduce her to the new additions in the bathroom. I pretty sure she'll be stoked to see Elmo in there. I figured he was a safe bet because she's totally in love with the Elmo Potty Time song. Saturday, if it's warm enough, she may be running around nekid. Ugh, I hope this works this time.

*HAPPY DANCE!!!! This is my 500th post!!!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.