Just when you think she can be trusted again... Arabella goes long intervals in between doing this sort of thing. For the most part I can trust that when I sit her down with crayons and her coloring books that she'll still be sitting there when I return. We use this method a lot because I have to put two kids down by myself at night, which ultimately means she's left unattended for a brief period of time. Of course last night she got a wild hair and went on another coloring binge. I walked in and she was still sitting at her table coloring but when I turned to the dresser to get an overnight that's when I saw the carpet, followed by the dresser, followed by the frog.
I kept my cool, and proceeded to get her ready for bed. I skipped reading her books without so much as a word. She didn't even question me, I'm pretty sure she already knew the reasons why. This morning I shared with Adam her lovely art and then we proceeded to make her clean it before nap time. She was more than happy to pose for me with her art.
The problem is that she doesn't see the "punishment" in being made to clean her own mess. She enjoys it...too much. Seriously, does her face say remorse? No it says "hey this is fun."
I guess the good news is that crayons are cleanable...thank goodness it isn't like permanent marker. Maybe one day she'll understand that we just don't draw on furniture (or carpet) and that it's best to stick to paper...




No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.