Thursday, July 14, 2011

Evanator

Just before naptime...so sleepy.

I have a few things I want to jot down for Evan before I forget. Evan has started signing more. I'm super excited because the grunting and growling is getting really, really old.

He can proficiently use bath, more, milk, and bite/food. We're still working on potty, please and thank you. Now if we can get him to use them consistently that would be awesome.

Verbally we still aren't getting much from him aside from syllables. He says "hey" while waving as well as buh-buh (bye-bye). He randomly throws Mama and Dada in, but really only uses them when he's tired or in distress.

We do get head shakes for no... A LOT. He is starting to shake his head yes occasionally. Back to bath time, he LOVES when he hears the word "bath" or when he is naked he feverishly signs for a bath. Just yesterday I was dressing him, fully clothed below the belt, but he was topless and he kept asking for a bath. When I said "No it's not bath time" he would just sit and shake his head no, like he was telling me, "I don't care if it's not bath time, I want a bath."

He's also taken to his mobile/projector. We haven't used the projector feature since he was an infant but now that he's figured out the buttons and switches to it, he jut won't leave the projector off.

He's even started to require it to be on after I've placed him in the crib for bed at night. He'll be dead asleep as I walk out of the room and minutes later he stands up and starts screaming until I return and turn the projector on. Hopefully he'll outgrow it, but given Arabella's history with the monkey show, it's unlikely.

Where did my baby boy go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.