Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Finger Painting

I have a bajillion (yes that's a valid term) photographs to get through that I took yesterday. I have a post to write for Evan documenting his half birthday...yes he's officially a year and a half old now. Sadly, I ran out of time to do those things yesterday. We had to go for my nightly run and it was a scorcher. So I promise I'll get Evan's post done in the next couple of days as well as combing through and editing my photographs to share.

But for now, Arabella enjoyed a fun first yesterday...Finger Painting. This child hates the idea of anything on her fingers and wasn't sure about entertaining the idea of purposely sticking stuff on them to make art. But, she warmed up to the idea when she realized I was giving her permission to make a mess with her hands. SHE LOVED IT.

Although we ended up with paint on her picnic table, her stomach (because it's a must to paint yourself right?), in her hair and sadly when left alone in the tub (unfilled) while I stirred dinner (another story) she grabbed all of the bath poofs down and attempted to wash herself (while dry) and got paint in 3 different poofs. :\

It was worth it to see the look on her face when she showed Daddy her artwork before he left for work last night.



Also, a valuable lesson was learned..While it's a great idea to let a 2 year old finger paint, it's not such a hot idea to do while you are attempting to cook Veggie Alfredo AND take pictures of her fun first...something's gotta give. Luckily nothing was burned, no pictures were missed, but it was stressful and a bath had to be given before we could eat dinner. Being a "single"* mom sucks sometimes...but we make due.

*We refer to me as being a single mom merely because it seems that way in the afternoons and evenings when Adam is sleeping. Working the graveyard shift is hard for him as well as me and the kids, but he's doing what is necessary for our family and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.