Saturday, October 8, 2011

Children are Messy

I have come to the conclusion that children are just messy. You can clean and clean and clean and two seconds later a tornado hits your home. I swear to everyone that walks through the door that I do truly try to keep my home clean, but lately I'm just about to give up and let the wild things take over.

About a month ago I lost it and took the kids toys away. Every last one of them. I hid them away in the basement. I felt tonight that they'd sort of earned some of them back, and I really needed my basement back, what little space there is.

So I carefully culled through the toys and took out some to pass on, and organized all of them. All the sensory balls in one tub, the stuffed animals in another, the electronic books, the cars, the blocks, the stacking cups, you name it. There were organized appropriately. Yes, I should know better, but I'm OCD like that.

I hauled the toy organizer back up stairs, followed by the kitchen. I did not however bring back the accessories to the kitchen nor the tub full of larger toys. Such as Edison the Alphabet Pal, Shape sorters, Dump trucks, etc.

No sooner did I go back down stairs to turn the lights off and return upstairs to find....The Tornado.

I'm a glutton for punishment I suppose. But I did make them pick everything up before bed, and they actually did it, Arabella did anyways. It's funny that even though I didn't give them toys to play with in the Kitchen, they still managed to shove all of the miniature stuffed animals in the microwave, and sorting shape blocks into the fridge, the bouncy balls in the sink. I guess you don't need pots and pans to have a good time in the kitchen?




Watcha going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.