Saturday, October 8, 2011

Evan the Escapee


Evan has recently (as in within the past two days) discovered how to jump out of the crib. It's a tad annoying as I now can no longer keep him out of harms way while cooking dinner or deal with various other household chores.

Tonight I put him to bed after rocking him a little while. He was sleepy but not completely asleep. I should have known better. Before bed I had taken a noisy croaking frog and plastic horse away from him. One I left on his dresser, the other on the t.v. stand. Not ten minutes after I left his room I hear a croaking coming from his room. I go down the hall, open the door only to find he had been sitting behind it, peering underneath to see if he could see anything.

I take the frog from him, leave him with the horse and place him back in the crib. I left his door cracked and put up a safety gate. About twenty minutes later I hear a thud noise. I go to investigate. I check Arabella's room first and discovered she had been out of bed, turned on the dresser night light and knocked some stuff off in the process.

I scold her and leave the room. Instinctually I checked on Evan. I had the hall light on so I could see as I climbed over the safety gate. I peer over the edge of his crib and he's no where to be found. I flip, I start scanning the room and NOTHING. Where the hell is my baby? I jump the fence, run into the master bedroom and tell Adam to get up. One, it was time for him to get up for work and two, I need help finding your son.

He jumps up and says "what?" I said he's not in his crib. I can't find him. Well, now I feel like a dumb ass. I go back into his room, move the pillow in his bed, his blanket and obviously he didn't magically re-appear. Adam shushed me and pointed...

The turkey had climbed up into the glider and rocked himself to sleep. And of course I needed documentation so I can tease him about it when he's older. So Evan, Mommy learned her lesson. I will check the glider from now on before scaring your Daddy wide awake. If you don't mind, could you please keep up your Spiderman antics during daytime hours only? It's so much easier to spot you in the daylight.


Tucked back in, safe and sound.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.