I was going to hold off on giving Bella her Mesh Feeder with anything other than ice for a while. Or at least until she was through her stage one foods. That went out the window today with her afternoon snack. As you can see in the first picture on the bottom of the photo above it was a good thing I didn't wait. What a ham she was. I think this may have even been better than yesterday's peaches. She loved sucking the juices out of the apple. I ended up using my hand mixer to mush the apples up really well so she could get the majority of the juice. She also would not hold it for herself when I simply put apple chunks in there. Also I used one of her binki clips to attach it to her bib. She was not so nice with just apple chunks and chucked it to the ground a couple of times. I guess Mommy put a stop to that huh? By the end she was quite a mess and had tons of apple juice under her neck rolls. She was actually rather unhappy with me once I took the feeder away, but I cured it with a Sippy.


So after I mushed up the apples and filled the feeder she had some I was able to spoon feed her. At first she couldn't figure out what the chunks were all about, but she'd suck them back in her mouth and chow down until they were all gone. You can see below, her first impression of chunky apples. Right next to that is the remainder of a good sized apple. Makes you want to run out and pick an apple right now.
As I mentioned earlier I cured Bella's sadness with her Sippy. She's been using it for a couple of weeks now but just recently got the hang of the sucking. She still doesn't understand you have to raise the sippy to get the water out, but with Mommy's help she's satisfied. I like the Nuby because she can chew on the nipple and it won't leak, spill or tear. So far I haven't seen any teeth marks like I see on her spoons.

I love the way you edit your pics. so cute. I haven't given grayson anything big in the way of food. I'm so nervous but then I keep seeing all these blogs with their babies eating bigger things.
ReplyDelete