Thursday, May 6, 2010

fAnS! FANS! Fans!

I am so sick & tired of fans! We bought a fan a couple of weeks ago for Evan's room. At the time it was the cheapest & closest thing to a box fan at Target. It had bells & whistles we really didn't need, like a remote control, but the timer feature was neat.

We hadn't really used it all that much until Arabella's fan went kaput. So Adam moved it to her room. Her room gets unbearably hot, so it was necessary. Then he noticed a funny smell in her room. At first we blew it off as her pee filled diaper. But last night I had a theory that it wasn't. So I opened her door, turned the fan off and waited for ten minutes or so. I returned to her room and did smell a full diaper, but not the funny "burning" smell we had noticed before. So I called Adam and told him the fan was going back. Forty dollars and a smell like that isn't worth it. I was more concerned about her safety. What if something inside truly was burning? In general her fan runs for 12 hours over night.

So this morning I decided to be a trooper and take both kids with me to Target. In reality it was either that or wait until Friday and I wasn't going to make her (and me) suffer overnight. So I tell the girl what was going on and she said no problem. I got my money back and went to the fan isle and was able to replace the $40 fan with two $15 box fans that they now had in stock.

I get home, both kids are out. I take Evan in, then one fan. I get it ready in Arabella's room only to find that the box is damaged. No biggie I thought. I pull it out only to find four different dents, not dings, but dents in the damn thing. The entire bottom corner is caved in. It doesn't seem to affect the function of the fan, but it is rather annoying. It's supposed to be BRAND NEW???? So now I'm debating, should I take it back and replace it also? Arrrggghhhhh.

On a happier note, I was in such a hurry to get out the door that when I posted my You Capture challenge, I forgot to see what next week's assignment was. So as soon as I got home I looked and it is "yellow." How perfect? I was buying the kids shorts, cause they don't have any, and I happened to pick up a $3 yellow tank shirt for Bella. And I have an awesome coordinating onesie for Evan....PERFECT! So I can't wait to see what other yellow happiness I can find for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.