Tuesday, August 31, 2010

20 Months Old

26 lbs 4oz  33.5 inches

We have an over achiever as you've probably read. As for her milestone charts she's pretty much advanced. She's not really saying ten new words per day but she's definitely adding several per day. She can walk both up and down stairs by herself and has been doing that for months now. She's all about closing doors, every door she can get her paws on. She knows how we open doors but doesn't quite have the grasp for it. And it probably hinders her learning that we put the door knob covers on the ones we don't want her getting in or out of. She's all about self exploration, heaven help us. She's awesome at throwing a ball over handed, especially when you aren't paying attention and pegs you in the chest. She's also been transitioned into a big girl bed because she's a monkey and wouldn't stay in the crib. She's also started the potty training process. She's great about telling you the minute she finished going potty in her diaper. And this past week she's been proactive on her own. She'll tell me "dittie" but her diapers dry and we rush to the potty. She'll do her routine and we'll be on our way. We've only gotten one actual potty out of her proactively but she's definitely showing signs of being ready to full on potty train. I'm so proud of my little monkey.


We've also decided to enroll B in a gymnastics class per the suggestion of our Parents As Teachers instructor. And tonight she clearly is proving that she needs it. She stood on her Lil Tikes chair, about two feet from the couch, and jumped belly first to the couch. It's gonna be a long fall and winter I can tell you that.




Quick learner, too much energy, over achiever = Tired Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.