Thursday, August 26, 2010

Parents As Teachers

We had our second visit from PAT yesterday and what a fun time that was. Leann came to the house with some of her evaluation toys for both kids and of course they were more than eager to play with what she brought. Of course Arabella was Ms. Nosy. Based on everything the kids did and what she saw them attempting she was very happy that they are doing above and beyond what she expects from them at their age.

B is showing a lot of initiative and figures things out for herself because she doesn't want to wait on us to show her what to do. She's also super active. Leann's suggestions for her include putting her into a gymnastics class because of the "tricks" she's trying on her own which include doing flips off the couch and climbing on everything in site. She also feels that she'll continue to be very active and come school age will want to participate in a lot of activities (yeah us). But we already had plans to put her in summer sports because of her activity level.

Acting all innocent, but she's anything but...

Flips off the couch



Is it me or does she look huge?



I moved her chair from this spot because she wouldn't quit standing on it, so she found her own replacement.

E man is a bright one too. He is showing a lot of the initiative that B had at this age, but he seems to be "moving" along sooner than she did. In fact right before our appointment I caught him trying to pull up on B's bouncing Tigger. Apparently he wanted a bite of Tigger's ear? Besides bear crawling and sitting up in a tripod he manages to move in any way possible to get to whatever toy he is after. Leann was very surprised to see him as mobile as he is. He's also very good at following sounds and grasping toys, passing them from hand to hand. It just makes me proud of my babies.





Drool anyone?

Wasn't me!

And now I shall eat you Tot Dolphin!

Such a handsome little man.

I can't wait for Messy Mania! (it is sponsored by the school district and PAT) Both kids get to go, but it's geared more towards B. She'll get to do some painting and messy activities with kids her own age. It's gonna be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.