Sunday, August 15, 2010

What's Arabella Up To?

For Ms. B, things are looking up after this past week. When we took E man to the doctor on the 6th for his 6 month check up, B broke out into hives in the office. The doctor looked at her and said, after us answering 50 questions, that we just needed to watch her. So we went on our way, ate lunch, went home and took a nap. Three hours later when she woke up she was again covered in hives only worse this time. So I gave her a dose of Benadryl, and call the doctors office before they closed to see if her doctor wanted to see her or if it warranted a trip to the ER. He just said to bring her back. Twenty minutes later we were sitting in his office and the Benadryl took care of the hives. We switched her bedding three times the next three days, gave her bath after bath, but they seemed to return every time she went to sleep. The pictures below are some taken at two in the morning when she woke up fussing.




The day before we took Evan back this week for his pink eye, it dawned on us what changed in the house....a box. We had ordered a car seat for Evan and B had been playing on and in the box for two days. We immediately threw the box out, changed the bedding again, gave her another bath and we have yet to see the hives return. So of course while at the doctor he asked about the hives and we told him our theory about the box. After all Adam & I are allergic to everything under the sun from bugs to dust to pollen. The doctor said he never would have thought to ask if a box was the culprit. We told him we thought that it was in contact with or contained something she too must be allergic to since it hadn't occurred since we got rid of the box. He agreed and said that now he has something new to ask parents if they have a similar case.

Dancing to the finale of So You Think You Can Dance

In other news, aka the climbing monkey, I FINALLY found a retailer who was able to order us the correct toddler conversion for B's crib. Basically the company updated their version of the sleigh crib, less than two years after we bought the crib. The new toddler conversion is not compatible with the old style for a couple of reasons. I could tell when I looked at the website it had changed. So I emailed their support team and in the mean time called the retailer where we purchased the crib. It was a few minutes before closing time and the lady that answered the phone said they were closed. I said it's not that time yet, and she said well we're gone for the day. So I had a few choice words regarding them ever seeing our business again and I have half a mind to write the owner, but that's another story. So I started to scour the internet for online retailers to see if they could assist. I found two websites that showed the old crib version. The next day I had a response from one of the two and it happened to be the store owner. She said that she had recently ordered the same thing for someone else the week prior. So she sent in a request to a warehouse on the west coast to see if they still had my crib style. Two days later, YES!!! So I immediately called her. She was getting ready to take off for the day, but let me know that she was emailing the sales rep to get a price nailed down so we could pay for it and get it ordered. The next morning she emailed me a paypal invoice and we are in business. She put a rush on the order for shipping, so hopefully we'll see it within the next couple of weeks. It was a long frustrating ordeal. The moral of the story, make sure your husband listens to you and order ALL of the conversion parts when you purchase the crib, not just the ones you "think" you'll use.

We, by that I mean he, seriously thought we'd be able to go from crib to full size bed. There are two problems with that theory. 1) She learned to climb out of the crib a lot sooner than he thought. 2) Her room is absolutely not big enough for the full size bed and a dresser. I'm not exaggerating, we've measured it several times and ways and it is just not physically possible, otherwise we would have just put her in a big girl bed.

Here's to the future and completing my story for a happy ending with the delivery of the toddler conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.