Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bath for Two

Mommy is brilliant.
Mommy is insane.
Mommy thought it would be fun.
Mommy didn't know what she was getting into.
Mommy thought, kill two birds with one stone.
Mommy was outnumbered.
Mommy thought it would be easy.
Mommy was wrong.


I really thought since I'm short handed (aka Adam works graveyard) that after dinner I'd give both kids a bath together, for the first time. I plopped Evan in his bath sling, stuck Arabella on the faucet side and viola. Or so I thought. Evan is really into sitting up on his own and nearly fell out of the sling umpteen times. Arabella kept trying to pour water on him. He'd try to grab for toys down in the water. She'd try to grab his genitals. Back and forth we went.



By the end of the half hour long ordeal both kids were washed and rinsed. I was just preparing to get them out of the tub and contemplating how I was going to accomplish this, I mean after all I did get both of them in there right? Just as I reached for the faucet, a yellow spring floweth. Oh yes, he peed on himself and Arabella. So of course we had to repeat the wash and rinse cycle. We were successful at getting out the second time. Unfortunately Arabella is accustomed to being carried from the bathroom to her room. Needless to say my hands were full and I asked her to walk to Evan's room which is apparently impossible to do covered in a towel. It was interesting to say the least, yet doable. And they did enjoy each others company, that's what counts right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.