Friday, September 10, 2010

Where's my baby?


It's after midnight and we should be asleep, but instead both Evan and I are awake. I miss my baby, the one who only woke once or twice a nice. Instead my child has been replaced with a horrible teething mess. A mess that wakes at least every two hours to nurse, who can't be calmed by teething tablets and one that craps more than any baby I've ever known.

Amidst all of this I'm crying. At first I was crying because our normal bedtime has been 8 o'clock and we're long past that. But those tears turned into joy. After 45 minutes of letting him cry it out in the crib, I gave in and went to go get him. I was in total amazement and shock. Just two days ago he started pulling himself up to his knees in the crib and using sissy's toys. Here we are, after midnight, I walk in, turn on the light and what do I see? My 7 month, one week old son is standing on his feet, holding on to the side of his crib. Lucky for us we recently moved the mattress to the middle setting. Needless to stay Daddy will be dropping the mattress all the way down tomorrow. Really? A seven month old standing on his own free will? Was he truly that pissed? The kicker is that he's been practicing on the end of the crib that is nearest the door. When he wakes at night he normally sits at that end, facing the door and hollers until he sees me come through the door. Where did my baby go?

This was earlier this evening. He's on his knees waiting for me & Arabella.


 

2 comments:

  1. I remember Max pulled himself up around 6 months too. It's crazy how fast they grow up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, I'm still in amazement all the things Matilda can do and climb on now. I can imagine having another and watching them probably move even faster then Matilda...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.