Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's Gone

Her first removed tooth. The box is only an inch long, so cute.
Arabella had her extra tooth removed this morning. It was nerve wracking for several reasons. Yesterday and last night we got a foot of snow dumped on us. I had to snow blow the driveway so Adam could leave for work. Then he gets to work and messages me that he was nearly ran off the road getting out of the neighborhood because a couple of doofuses were coming down the hill in the middle as he was  going up. This morning he had to snow blow the driveway again so we could get the car out, it drifts really bad. We slid a few times getting out of the neighborhood, but we made it to the dentist safely.

We arrive ten minutes early only to find the dentist office dark and locked. So we stood in the hallway for maybe 5 minutes when some of the assistants arrived. They had forgotten their keys, so they had to wait on the doctor. It was a few minutes later and he showed up, so it wasn't too long of a wait considering the conditions outside. I promise, I'm getting to the story.

We get into the little room where they do procedures as to not scare other children, which is great in my opinion. We put Evan in a stroller so it would free both Adam and I up to assist however we were needed. The assistant lets Arabella pick her "flavor" of nose piece for the nitrous, she chose Bubble Gum. We allowed them to use the nitrous just so she could be calm for the procedure and the machine was on timers so that she wasn't over exposed. A few minutes after the nitrous starting taking affect we tried to see if she's lay in the chair, but that was a no go. The dentist said that was okay, they'd lay her in his and Adam's laps, it was easier that way and what they typically do for little ones. The dentist started to numb her up and she discovered that Dora was on the ceiling t.v. A few minutes later he administered the "sleepy juice." She never even new he was using a needle. She just laid there, never even flinched. I was so proud and relieved. A few minutes later the dentist pulled her tooth and that was that. She never cried, never flinched, never grimaced, nothing. She just laid there as relaxed as can be.

Everyone was so impressed with how she did. They said the normally get at least one tear out of every child, and usually the older crowd cries a bunch. They had never had a child not shed a tear or show no reaction to what was happening. It made me super happy to hear just how awesome she did. They were so impressed she received two tokens to the vending machines, in which she picked a bouncy ball and a necklace. She also received two rubber ducks, and a balloon.

I'm very glad it is over. I did have to look away during the pulling, but other than that I think Adam & I being calm kept her calm. Now we look forward to the next six plus months as her new tooth comes in farther and hopefully twists into its proper location.



Kicked back watching Dora...she's relaxed wouldn't you say?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.