Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mother Hen

The other day I caught Arabella dumping an entire container of puffs on to Evan's walker tray because "he was hungry." That's what I get for multi-tasking, aka cooking dinner while parenting two children.

This I have no excuse for. I look up in time to see Arabella feeding Evan her berry mixed dried fruits. I rush over and he's happily chewing and she looks at me with this look. It's so hard to describe. It was something like "I didn't do anything wrong, he wanted me to feed him" look. I guess, the pieces are so small there's no harm, no foul?

But it leads me to this...when did she turn into a mother hen? I've caught her more and more lately trying to smack his hand for getting into the trash or telling him "no, no, no" or trying to redirect him. I just want to know when did she pick up on this stuff and assume it's her job to "mother" Evan? It's cute, but sometimes annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.