This child has been OBSESSED with guitars for a month or so now. Anything and everything has turned into a guitar and is capable of being strummed. Some of my favorites include the spindles on the banister; the crocodile xylophone; the window screens; hangers, and my absolute favorite - her car seat cover.
You see there's an elastic band that runs from the top to the lower portion and it "hooks" under the side of the car seat to keep it in place. However, she discovered it and is constantly pulling it up and strumming it. It's annoyingly cute.
So finally...Adam promised her that if she took a nap, Mommy would get her guitar out after the nap and show it to her. She was over the moon and out in a flash. Of course when she woke up she found me and immediately began asking for Mommy's guitar.
I put Evan to bed that evening and then got the guitar out. She had a BLAST. She refused to quit touching it so I could play it for her. Little did she know that a present, just her size, was on it's way to the house.
Well, it arrived today. In fact it was two hours after she was supposed to have been asleep for a nap. Needless to say Adam let her get out of bed so he could see her face light up when she opened it. I did get a short video clip of her playing with it immediately out of the box and completely out of tune.
Adam tried out the "pitch pipe" and well it isn't exactly made for tuning; more of a kids toy I suppose. So he went and got the tuner from his case and it took nearly 20 minutes to tune it due to little hands constantly groping at the strings.
I tell you I have never seen her more obsessed with anything in my life. She has a definite love of music and singing. So perhaps guitar lessons will be in her future? Either way I'm glad we were able to make her dream come true and she now is the proud owner of her very own guitar.
*I know these photographs are far from technically perfect but I was in a hurry and wasn't paying attention. So, I'll have to try and take some better ones of her with the guitar, but I'm sure you "get the picture" of her happiness with these shots.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.