Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Little Minion

Today we encountered some more fun firsts... Daddy put Arabella down for a nap, then went to bed himself. I opened Arabella's door when I thought she needed up from her nap. A short time later I hear her calling my name. I go in to see what she needed and I found her laying on her side, on the pillow, with her sunglasses on. Apparently she hopped out of bed, grabbed her sunglasses from her dresser (along with an empty pacifier holder), put her sunglasses on and went to sleep. How the heck she slept with them on, I don't know.

I tried to get a picture of her laying there with the glasses on, but she sat up and took them off before I could.


Proof she was wearing the glasses...gross sweat.
Pretty Little Lashes

After nap time, while I was fixing dinner, Arabella asked if she could play with "dough-dough." I agreed and fixed her up at the table with her usual pick of color, and multiple untensils to play her heart out with. About twenty minutes into fixing dinner I hear "Mama, I done."

I turned around and saw that she had packed up her green playdough in the container and was making a terrible face. You guessed it, she "ate" the playdough. Took a bite out of it and when she discovered it's lack of fabulous flavor, she packed it up. I quickly grabbed a water sippy and made her open her mouth so I could see the lovely green sprawled out over her molars. I shook my head, handed over the drink and let her pick out another color of playdough. This time she was well instructed that we don't eat playdough, no matter the color.


Recently Arabella has been calling herself a big girl. And she is. We tease her and "struggle" picking her up and she tells us that she's "too heavy." It's rather cute. So she's on a "Big Girl, I big help" trip.

She truly is getting into the aspects of helping around the house when asked. For quite a few months now she helps me round up the trash cans for trash night. Usually if we ask her to retreive something she's more than happy to help. She absolutely LOVES collecting/doing laundry. So tonight I asked her if she would help me clear the table after dinner. I allowed her to clear the plastic plates and the kids utensils. She neatly picked one plate up then walked it to the sink. She stood up on her tip toes and dropped it in. She repeated it for Bubba's plate.

As soon as she was done, she announced "I help! I a big girl." Yes Arabella, you are a big girl. Getting bigger every day. Mommy is so proud of you. Now to work on the "yes/no sir, yes/no ma'am." ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.