It's been fifteen months, fifteen months? I don't even know where to begin my post at anymore. Every month she grows and learns. It's an amazing process for sure.Vocabulary: These are a few of her new words.
- Book
- Door
- What (as in What Dat?)
- Hot (she say ott)
- No (as in no, no, no)
- Brother (usually heard as otter)
- Please (she says dleese, similar to cheese)
- Cheese (she say deese)
We're working to add more vocabulary daily. The more I reinforce what things are when she asks "what dat?" the more she learns and the more she repeats.
Skills: She's a smart one, in my book any way.
- She's nearly figured out how to turn the door knobs.
- She loves to close doors. If it is open, it has to be closed.
- She's figured out the art of stacking her toys in an attempt to gain access to Mommy & Daddy's bed.
- She knows how to flip an empty diaper box over to stand on it and pull things out of Evan's play yard.
- She's trying to figure out how to pull the outlet covers out and plug things in.
- She's decided that she's strong enough to pull herself up on the edges of the table to reach what we used to think was out of her reach.
- She is utterly obsessed with zippers. I think for an upcoming gift I'm going to have Grandmama construct some piece of doll clothing with a ton of zippers on it so she can enjoy the mere pleasure she gets from zipping them up and down.
- Hiding. That's right, she knows when she's gone to the bathroom and she'll hide, only if it's #2 though. I'll ask her if she went potty, and sign, and she'll run for my side of the bed. She crouches down on all fours like her Daddy does when he's playing to scare her. Only the minute I come around the bed she jumps up and runs for the head of the bed which obviously is a dead end. Potty training will ensue soon enough...
- This girl can Swiffer like none other. Several of my other December Mamas gave me the idea. I cannot keep the girl out of the dish washer so one day I whipped out the Swiffer, stuck a paper towel on it and she went to town. She even tries to Swiffer the carpet. And Heaven forbid you try to take it away from her. She screams bloody murder. Same goes for the hand held Swiffer. She really does a great job. Hmmmm, maybe I can rent her out to folks who need some dusting done?
- Sneaky sneak. The girl LOVES to pull salad dressing from the fridge door when you aren't looking. You'll be getting something out, turn around and see her running down the hall with a dressing bottle in her hands like she stole gold. I'm wondering if she really wants to try out salad or if she thinks it's cool that she may actually get away with stealing it when we weren't looking?
Accidents: She's not the most graceful child. Sorry honey! You get that from me.
- She has fallen off the couch head first several times, but amazingly figured out you don't have to get down like that.
- She took a fabulous head dive into my dresser and hit one of the drawer pulls leaving a lovely bump on her forehead. It seemed to go away over night, so I was happy about that.
- Today she got her pinkie stuck in the door stop spring in our bedroom.
- Not too long ago she put her fingers through the opening at the back of the fridge door when Mommy wasn't looking and Mommy started to close the door on her fingers. Thankfully I was going slow and didn't slam it. Lord knows what would have happened then.
- And it seems that on a daily basis she walks into door jams and trips on her own two feet. Maybe I should get her eyes checked again?
No matter what happens or how upset I may get sometimes you just gotta love the girl. She really started to become more lovey with me and wanting me to hold her. She was never like this as a child which kind of disappointed me, but I'm thankful that she wants to do it now.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.