Monday, April 5, 2010

New Word

Ms. Arabella said Papa today. I am so excited with each new word she repeats. Recently she added juice to her vocabulary as well. But this story is about Papa.

While we were stacking blocks, yes another first for her, I had the t.v. blasting on the Octane channel (heavy metal). A band called Five Finger Death Punch came on and they had re-made their version of Bad Company. Now I love me some Bad Company. I was introduced to it on my Daddy's vinyl collection when I was little. Five Finger Death Punch's version isn't too terrible, but they are no Bad Company. Back to the story, so I was jamming, doing a little head bobbin and Arabella was doing her "dance," bouncing up and down. I looked at her and said "You know Bella. I bet you Papa has this on vinyl. But you don't even know what vinyl is...yet." Then she looked at me, grabbed her dolly, and said "Papa?" She started looking around the house for him, but obviously he wasn't there. It was too cute. She kept repeating Papa for a while.

This evening I called my Daddy to tell him what happened, and to confirm that he indeed did have Bad Company on vinyl and it just made his day. You could tell he had that giddiness in his voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.