Monday, May 23, 2011

Fun Firsts Catch up

They say that you get behind when you have your second child and I find that more and more true. I feel I've neglected some important posts here regarding his milestones. I did a monthly post for Arabella and I honestly can't remember the last one I did for Evan. I'm embarrassed and upset with myself. So, here's an attempt to redeem myself.

Evan has "grown" two more teeth and there are causing a terrible amount of snot and crankiness. He's a teething mess, as per the former, and anything is game for gnawing (nipples included). I even caught him chewing up some of Arabella's stickers. How he got his hands on them you ask? He's like any other little brother and decides that if it's in Sissy's room he can have it. So he swiped them and started eating them. Fabulous kid. Just one more way to prove your goat like nature.


For fun firsts we have several things. The most annoying: He's figured out how to unvelcro the teething covers from his crib, even though the velcro is on the outside of the crib. The good news is that once he strips them off the bed he sits and chews on them, so I guess they are sort of still serving their purpose?

Regarding his gross/fine motor skills, the kid is 100% into picking up toys in one container and moving them into another. The down side is that he does this with his food at every meal, as his tray has a cup holder on each side. He's extremely well at the pincher grasp and can find the smallest piece of fuzz on the floor. He's also working with the stacking cups. His main goal, still, is to unstack them and bang them together as loud as possible. Guess we still need to work on that one.

He's starting to add words to his vocabulary, slowly. I'm pretty sure, if I took the time to look back, that he's behind where Arabella is, but he is his own person. We now have a definitive Mama, and Dada. He also says Yay while clapping, and most recently we've added Bubba when he sees himself in a mirror. But the most cute new word comes with a gesture. He learned to wave hello and good bye, and shortly after he started saying buh-bye.

The other morning Adam brought him to me after breakfast, while I was still in bed. Adam woke me up to let me know he wanted milk. My hand just happened to be partially asleep so I raised it and started waving it around to get the blood flowing. Lil Man raised his hand and waved back to me. It was a big smile kinda moment.

As for language he's getting to be more consistent with signing milk. We've gotten a handful of "more" from him. We know he understands what we're signing by his reactions. "Bath" is the most hilarious. He LOVES to get naked and run to the bathtub, he's a total fish. Generally when he's allowed to run down the hall he'll make a pit stop in Sissy's room to terrorize her things, but not if he's naked because he knows it's bath time and nothing can stop him from getting into that tub. He's even figured out how to kick his leg up on the side of the tub to get in. We really have to keep a close eye on this one.

Which leads me to another fabulous milestone I'm not ready for. He's figured out how to climb on the couch. It started with him using our legs as ladders and from there progressed into him swinging his leg up to get traction. Now we absolutely cannot leave him alone in the living room unless we want a broken bone. This obviously is going to quickly lead into him climbing out of his crib...can you say slow down? Where is time going? Didn't I just give birth to him? Now he's nearly able to keep up with Sissy and that sucks. Mainly because I'm outnumbered during the day.

I *think* that's all of the firsts, but I'm sure I'll think of more later. I will say though, I feel terrible because I don't have too many recent pictures of E. Bad Mommy. I managed to get two decent pictures of him during Arabella's birthday party, so I'll leave you with this one. It's Evan with Aunt Amy. He looks like such a big boy. :(


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.