Tuesday, February 24, 2009

5 Year Recognition and a busy Tuesday.



Well I accomplished a lot today. For starters I finally mailed off our state return and got postage for my thank you letters (from the baby shower, yeah I'm behind) so that when I get my pics tomorrow I can mail them all out. I also got my hearing test done for my part time job and was able to take Bella for her weekly weigh in and chat with my girls in my BF support group. I met a lady that I had seen there before but we got to know each other a little bit better. Her daughter, Aspen, is one week younger than Bella. Currently her hubby is out of work and she has to go back to her job within the next couple of weeks. Luckily she works really close to the house and lives near me. So, should her hubby get a job and they need a sitter quickly, I'm available. So that would be cool if Bella had a playmate & I had some extra income. It was really cool getting to know the girls in the group. It was funny, me & Melissa have only talked a few times but she was the first to mention I cut all my hair off. Her little boy is just so cute and very flirty. Anyways, following BF group I managed to get to the post office then stopped by the health department on the way home to get Bella's birth certificate. Finally I arrived home just in the nick of time to get myself ready for the Team Member Banquet being held tonight.

Five years in the making. I can't believe it myself. I started off in Finance as a Staff Accountant in 2004, left in February of 2008 to persue other avenues of business oportunity, but stayed on part time as an on-call usher. It was a nice evening. Grandmama kept Bella for us and she was apparently quite the little piggy. Prior to taking her over there I fed her two ounces of BM in the car to get her settled because she was really hungry. Then Grandmama gave her three more ounces of BM and another ounce from another bottle all within a two hour time span. She then ate four ounces of formula. So in a matter of four hours she ate ten ounces. When we got her home she was hungry again so she ate the remaining two ounces of BM and suckled for a half hour before passing out. My hope is that she goes to sleep tonight so I can get some rest. But back to MY evening. We show up at the hotel and sign in at 6pm (when the banquet is to start). They handed me my "plaque", or as I'd like to call it the Wal-Mart special (a picture frame w/ a certificate in it). No worries, I understand there are a ton of 5 & 10 year team members here, and not enough time to hand them out on stage.

Ahhh the foot pain... Now, I haven't worn heals since I worked in Feb 08. We proceed to stand until after 7pm when they finally open the banquet hall. Apparently the hour preceding the ceremonies was a "reception" full of free booze and ungodly appetizers. The only food I recognized was the shrimp, which was pretty good. The remainder looked like poo on a cracker. I did have myself a fuzzy navel, since for some reason Jack was no where to be found at any of the four free bars. Wow, my first drink since April of 2008. So after standing, in heels, I decided to find a place to plop my hiney. Shortly after they opened the ball room and we found our seats. Shortly after that they brought on the food and it was GOOD! We started off with a salad, yummy, followed by dinner rolls and the entree. The entree consisted of grilled chicken, beef tenderloin with a demi glaze, cheesy potatoes and undercooked green beans. They also provided us with red and white wines to which I had a fourth of a glass of wine. They topped the food fest off with an awesome triple layer fudge chocolate cake, I so could have eaten the whole cake. Shortly after that Adam & I had to make ourselves scarce as my body was calling out to my baby. I didn't think ahead as to how long I'd be away from her and the last time I was able to feed her. So by the time I got home I was hurting pretty bad. But don't worry folks, I tested the milk before I fed her and the alcohol was no where to be found. So here I am laying down my thoughts all the while Bella is laying in her bassinet, starring at the five legged ceiling monster and talking. 10:50pm and she won't sleep. Whatever will I do?


Today's Measurement's = 11 pounds 11.1 ounces

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.