Friday, February 20, 2009

Running and The Bumbo

Yesterday I put Bella in this cute outfit Erika got her. It has a zip up hoodie and little pants. I thought it was too cute. Adam comes home from work and goes to give her a kiss and proceeds to ask her if she's going jogging. I thought, what a dork. Apparently her headband looks like a sweatband now. Either way the funniest/saddest thing of all is that she is 1 month, 2 weeks, and 6 days old, but she's wearing a 3 month outfit. She's outgrown many of her little cute outfits and I've been having to move her into the 3 month group. It's awesome because I was fearful I wouldn't produce enough milk to sustain her, but here I am feeding a healthy growing little piggy. The LC is still ecstatic about Bella's progress and the little amount of formula I supplement with. She's lucky if she gets a couple ounces of formula a day, the rest is all breast milk. I am so thankful to all my December Mamas for their advice and help (and the LC) to get me through all the difficult times. Even now I'm still struggling on a daily basis. Yes, she can latch, yes she can suck, but sometimes it's the amount of time she spends at the breast, either constantly wanting to eat or use me as a human pacifier. Now that her illness is going away she isn't eating constantly, but now I'm faced with the beginning of her teething phase. Yes, she's not reached the two month mark yet, but her drooling has increased and now she's "chomping" at the boob. Let me tell you a girl with her latch and writhing around with my nipple in her mouth are not a good combo. All my research states that with increased drooling and "chomping" this is truly the beginning of teething, although it will be months before she actually cuts a tooth. Yay for the day she has teeth...and me in her mouth.

Today we tried Bella's Bumbo seat for the first time. She's still a bit bobble-headed for it but she loves sitting up. She is pretty strong for her age, so perhaps this will help with her muscle strength.

Sitting up like a big girl

Going to the fist instead of raising it

1 comment:

  1. ha! I love that last photo. It's like she's checking it out asking "so, what's this we've got here?"

    ReplyDelete

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.