Friday, February 6, 2009

Praying for a better day

Let's start with yesterday's happenings. I have acquired a lovely head cold and feel like poo. With nursing I'm not sure what if anything I can take to help. So I'm currently just suffering through. During our early am feeding Bella grabbed her first fist full of hair. I was half asleep and forgot to pull it back, so it was fun trying to pry my hair from her death grip. The only thing that made the day worth while was my first real smiles from Arabella. It was amazing. I was talking to her in that high pitched goofy mommy voice, telling her that she is such a pretty girl and she smiled half a dozen times. It was the best feeling ever. Now if she'll do it so I can take pictures I will be even more happy.

On another note, Saturday we received some rather grim news regarding Adam's grandfather. The doctors believe he has cancer. They are going to do further tests to find out how far it has spread and if there is anything that can be done. Wednesday Adam's mom left for Iowa as the doctor wanted to talk to all of the kids so they all have the same info. She should be home tomorrow so we should know more then. In the mean time the only thing we can do is pray. Please pray for his entire family. I suppose we will have to plan a trip to Iowa so his grandparents can meet Arabella soon.

As for Ms. Bella she has been breaking out terribly for the past week on her face, around her neck and her chest. I asked the Lactation Consultant if there is possibly something I had eaten that she could be allergic too and she said by the look, no. Also if it were food related she wouldn't want to nurse. She thought perhaps it was a heat rash or bad baby acne. Well it seems to come and go but lately it is looking a lot worse. I'm scared that maybe she's sick and I'm hoping that whatever I have she doesn't end up with. I'm on the verge of making a doctors appointment but would feel really stupid if its only acne. I don't think it is because it fades too easy. She also has scratched her face again. I'm scared to cut her nails because I don't want to cut her cuticles, but if I don't do it soon who knows what she'll scratch next. On my mama website a thread was started, which was rather clever, to compare mama to baby as infants. Below is a comparison of Arabella and myself.

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried filing her nails? I do it when abs nurses - she doesn't care what I do to her then, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also file Penny's nails, works much better than cutting them!

    Also, Penny had really bad heat rash between weeks 3-4. It looked like it could be baby acne, but it was ALL over her face, head, & neck. So we stopped putting hats on her and took off one layer of clothes. People try and tell me to put a hat on her when we go out (and my grandmother threw a fit when I had Penny out during an overcast day without a hat) but she just doesn't need it.

    There's a great slideshow on WebMD on baby skin problems that have good pictures - it helped us figure out that what she had was heat rash and not a bad case of acne.

    And my thoughts are with your family - I hope you get good news once your MIL comes back!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.