
Some of my family and close friends have known for over a month now. After our doctor's appointment this afternoon, we decided to share our wonderful news. We're pregnant, again!
So I think our reasoning for keeping our secret is that we are really trying to let it sink in. Seriously, how did this happen? Don't answer that, we know the answer. No, it wasn't on purpose. We had in fact wanted to wait until Bella was out of diapers before trying again. But knowing both of our families history with conception we should have known better. For the record, Adam's mom is one of twelve children. My dad is one of six children. And long story short my parents wanted two children, but were blessed with four children.
We are excited, but I believe we are still in a state of shock. I mean seriously, a woman exclusively breastfeeding isn't suppose to get pregnant. Yes, we knew it could happen, but it was less likely to happen. And yes, we took precautions. But still, the Lord above knows best. We will welcome this little one into our lives and our family with open, loving arms.
I suppose I should share our conception story. (No, not "how" it happened.)
I had an appointment with my OB on May 26th, following up from my delivery with Bella. At that appointment my OB said my blood pressure was on the high side. She thought it could have been related to some herbs I was taking. She requested that I take my blood pressure while out and about shopping. I agreed, but had a feeling that I knew possibly what was going on. I did not say anything to the OB at that time. A week or so later we were shopping and I stopped at the little kiosk and my blood pressure was just fine.
I had had a previous regular cycle, followed by a non-regular cycle in April. Fast forward to June 5th. I was technically late, even with the last cycle being all wonky. I was also experiencing a few of the same symptoms that I had prior to finding out about Arabella. So while out shopping we picked up a box of tests. That night I took a test. I wasn't going to wait until morning. I was preparing for my shower, and well...you know. Then I stood there in the doorway of the bathroom and just began sobbing. Adam came into the bedroom and immediately grabbed me for hug. He asked what the matter was. I sobbingly pointed to the stick on the bathroom counter. I said "This can't be happening." He calmly reassured me that everything was going to be alright. I then followed up with a second positive test and took the third one the next morning.
On Monday I called the doctor's office to make an appointment. We were scheduled for June 17th. We weren't sure at what stage I was at that time. So the day of my appointment came, they did a sonogram, but couldn't see anything more than the gestational sac and yolk. At that time they I should have been seven weeks. The nurse practitioner figured my ovulation date was off due to the wackiness with breastfeeding. Therefore, I was not that far along. I was scheduled with a specialist the next day. His machine was more powerful and they would be able to detect the baby pole and heartbeat, if found.
I made the trip, by myself, and we were able to find the tiny 3cm tall baby. Based on size they were putting me at 5 weeks, 6 days. The heartbeat was found at 105 bpm. But I still would have to wait another 4 weeks before being able to see our baby again. They also put my due date at February 12, 2010. Boy, do we know how to screw up holidays for our kids?
Finally, today, the 17th of July. The nurse tried to find the heartbeat, but being only 9 weeks, 6 days we weren't successful. So I was transferred to another room where my OB did an external sonogram. She was able to locate the baby from a top view. We saw the outline of the head, the body, and a tiny little heartbeat. The heartbeat was around 165 bpm. We can definitely say this one is shaping up to being another squirmer. I was disappointed however that we didn't get any pictures of the little one. They would have looked like a little blob, but still I would have like some. Oh well.
As of right now I go back in another four weeks. At that appointment we will schedule our 20 week appointment. Wow, time sure is flying.
RECAP:
* Yes, we're pregnant.
* Yes, we know what caused it.
* No, using precautions, we don't know what happened.
* Yes, we are excited, but still shocked.
* Yes, we know they will be nearly 13 months apart.
* Yes, we will find out what the sex is. Adam has to know what color to paint the room. I don't care if you don't want to know.
* No we don't have a line of names picked out yet.
* Yes, this pregnancy is way different from the last.
* Yes, I'm exhausted. I have a six and half month old, and I'm three months pregnant, wouldn't you be?
* Yes, I've had morning sickness, thus being the cause of my lack of blogging.
* Although I know you will have lots of suggestions, please respect that I have my own solutions.
* Thank you in advance for your congratulations.
Woo hoo!
ReplyDeletelol, I love your recap. Very efficient!
ReplyDeleteHEHEH well said! Im glad it's out in the open now :P
ReplyDeleteoh um wow. That's nuts!! but yay for you!!
ReplyDelete