Friday, July 17, 2009

She Did It!

Yes, it's all about progress. Last night our little girl stood up, on her own for the first time, twice.

Adam was in the office on the computer and he was watching Bella for me while I took my shower. Shorty after I got out of the shower he called me to the office. I, of course, hollered back with a big ole "Why?" "Because," was his response. So I ventured in there, in nothing more than a towel, only to find my little girl standing in the clothes basket. Why was she in the basket you ask? Because Daddy thought is was a good way to corral her as she was crawling all over and knocking things down. So the basket became her mini play yard.

Back to the story, I told Adam to run and grab the camera so we could capture this. I took a few pics and then she crumpled to her bottom. I turned on the video function of the camera just in time to capture her doing it for the second time! How awesome is this? My less than seven-month-old is pulling herself up and standing. Amazing, just amazing.


Unfortunately right after I stopped filming she clothes-lined herself on the basket while trying to grab Adam's leg hair. Oops! Also you can see in the video her "new trick," which is basically her tongue hanging out, no matter what she is doing. Yes she's a ham and I love her for it!

4 comments:

  1. that's awesome! Congrats Bella! And I LOVE the tongue thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Bella! You are getting to be such a big girl! I know the tongue trick … it’s because she’s concentrating really, really hard! I’ve been doing it since I was really little too and have to really concentrate on NOT doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tongue too! Looks like she was working soo hard! YAY Bella!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.