Sunday, July 5, 2009

Six month celebration


So for Arabella's six month celebration I made some cupcake cones. Just for giggles, I made them with Best Choice Cake Cones, Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix, and homemade Wilton buttercream icing. I let them sit overnight, but should have left them uncovered because apparently the cones don't fair well with added moisture. Oops. Oh well, they still taste yummy.

Here's to growing a healthy, happy baby! We won't be seeing the pediatrician until the 23rd of July, but that's a whole other rant in itself. So for the sake of time we took some unofficial home measurements of Boogers. She is around 19 pounds 4 ounces and 27.75 inches long. Yup, she's a biggin.

Good Morning Sunshine!


She is just getting so big! We had to drop the mattress all the way down. She has recently started pulling herself up to her knees in her crib. So, better safe than sorry. Now her crib really looks like a jail cell.


She has also taken to making some pretty goofy faces this past month. But I do believe the pouty lip has become my favorite.

Here is proof that she is growing up just way too fast. Not only does she make attempts in the crib, but her bouncer has become a favorite to pull up on. I believe she finds it easier than her crib rails to grab. I guess that means ya'll need to lock up your sons...my daughter is on the move.

And finally...the celebration. Yes, I actually lit a candle and stuck it on her tray. It was as far away as I could sit it. The funny thing is she wouldn't touch it with the candle on fire. Only after I blew it out did she attack it. She did get icing on her hands, but Daddy helped me clean them before she was able to get it to her mouth.



3 comments:

  1. Happy 1/2 Birthday Pretty Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shane says bring it on big girl ... he's in need of a crawling lesson! Happy 1/2 Birthday Ms. Bella ... it's been a true joy getting to know both you and your mommy. Can't wait to watch you grow the remainder of this first year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy 1/2 birthday. those cupcakes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.