Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Little Devil..err...Dear

Does this face not say Devil?

I can almost reach the top of the PNP

As you can see my little one is progressing rather well with the pulling up on objects. She nearly able to reach the top of the pack n play. She just sits there and scratches the heck out of the fabric trying.

Along with the insistent pulling up to her knees, we are being bombarded with baby babble. It is so cute. She's really good at ma, ba, da, ga, and some sort of gurgly noises. At any time that I here mamamama, I automatically respond to her. I'm hoping with time she'll associate mama, with Mommy.

She is also becoming quite the sponge. We have been trying to teach her baby sign language since she was around four months old. At this point she is familiar with "milk." That is the sign we've been most consistent with. We've also showed her "more, Daddy, Mommy, bath, and hungry." I will soon be working on "sleep." It's very hilarious to watch her reaction to "milk." When presented with a boob or bottle she does this funny anxious panting. Since showing her the sign, I present the sign first and get the same reaction. Then when shown her food she pants in double time. She finally gets it, but it will probably be a while longer before she can actually sign it back to us. As long as she's absorbing, I'm happy.

As you can see above, we've started on Squash. It seems to be a big hit. After the initial bite we haven't really seen any sour faces. Yup, she's still an eater.

Tuesday night we visited Adam's mom. That's when Bella got her first official boo-boo. On the way in the front door Adam let the screen door slam into Bella's head. He wasn't used to the old school door that slams back quickly. She cried for a few, but soon got over it when Grandmama handed her a blue, glittery, bouncy ball. The door left a mark, it is slowly fading and primarily in her hairline. I took a picture as best I could.



I tell you, for Bella spending so much time with me during the day she sure lights up when Daddy comes home. But looking at the pictures below it may be hard to tell that. She can be such a goof at times. By the way, yes, she totally looks like her Daddy...cute chin and all!

Now that we are more mobile, it's a lot more fun to get on Mommy's nerves by getting into everything we shouldn't be into, right? Well, the pictures below appear as though she's trying to crawl into the tray of her toy. You couldn't be more wrong, she wanted the trash can behind the toy that we keep in the living room. Yup, she wants everything she can't have.

And remember how I said she's progressing with the pulling up to the knees? Well later in the evening she decided to show off. She's a pretty strong one for just barely being six months old. She loves to stand on her knees and hold on with one hand now. And of course showing off lead to falling and bumping her temple on the metal legs. Oops. She's gotta learn sometime I guess.



And then, there's that pesky hole she just won't leave alone. I don't know the fascination, I don't think I ever will.


And I will leave you with a rare glimpse at an exhausted-no make up-need a shower Mommy, and a sleepy baby who never loves to cuddle.


2 comments:

  1. Aw, too cute!
    U love to see their progress by each mildstone but on the same note, u hate 2c them grow up. U've been blessed w/a true beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures - AGAIN!!! and lovely storytelling.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.