I've officially reached the fourteen week mark and entered into my second trimester. I'd like to say "where has the time gone", but I'll refrain because it's actually nicer this way. For the first three months I have been sick as a dog, loaded with headaches, and barely able to eat any food. I'm starting to feel better and find more foods appetizing. My hubby thinks I'm crazy. I actually said no to fillet mignon. Yes, ME, say no to steak.
On the 12th I had my check up with the OB. Everything was looking great, the baby's heartbeat was 160. The doctor is concerned with my weight. Apparently I'm losing it too fast for his taste. So I have to go back on the 19th to get weighed again so he can make sure I'm rebounding from my first trimester illnesses. On top of that he sent me back to the "specialist" for another ultrasound, but for my right ovary. I've been having a lot of sporadic pain on the lower right side. He felt there could be a cyst causing the pain and wanted to get it looked at.
The next morning I headed to the "specialist" (you'll soon see why this is in quotes). I arrived at 8:50am after chugging my 32 ounces of water beginning at 8:00am. They check me in and around 9:00am they call me back. The tech is already in the room and she is not the same one I had from my first ultrasound. So we proceed with an external sonogram. Apparently my bladder wasn't full enough for her tastes, so you all know what came next. WooHoo. After a grueling 30 minutes with the torture device she proceeds to tell me she's going to try the external one again. Oh boy. So, she gets what pictures she needs and then retrieves the "doctor". He comes in and wants to look for himself. He begins way too high. He proceeds to say, well I think you could have appendicitis. Really? I look at him and say, "that's funny because I don't have one. I had it removed last year and I circled it on the paper this morning that I had to fill out." His response, "Oh, no one told me." In my head I'm thinking he could have easily looked at my file before seeing me, considering he wasn't the doctor that saw me the first time. So then he says, "Well, it could be scar tissue from the surgery." Umm, NO. The pain is no where near my former appendix and it was done laparoscopically. So, he says, "yes, you have a cyst on your right ovary, but I don't think it's causing your pain." Again, really? Funny my doctor sent me here because he believes it is the source of my pain you dumb ass quack. So I got out of there as quick as I could and fumed about it the rest of the day. Boy, I can't wait to see my OB Wednesday and tell him this whopper of a tale. And wouldn't you know it, they'll have to send me back to these people for my twenty week ultrasound as well. Joy, joy, joy. I told you, you'd understand the quotation marks.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.