HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Eight months, really? It seems like I say that every month, but it seems increasingly impossible with each passing month of her life. She is just becoming a big girl and before we know it she'll be up and running around with her cousins.

Where shall I begin? She's more talkative, playful and mobile than she was a month ago. She's now into the art of peek-a-boo, but she's the one who does the hiding from us. In particular she does these baby pull-ups using the side of her pack n play. When she pops up she smiles and waits for you to say Boo before she giggles. It makes game time a lot easier on Mommy and Daddy. And her home made remedy for squats is what keeps her legs getting stronger I suppose.

She's also well versed with Mama,
Dadda,
Baba,
RahRah and
NarNar. We still aren't sure what
NarNar is all about. She's also very good at signing "milk" and she's still working on "potty". She recognizes the other signs she's been shown, but still not signing them all back to us.

She's still teething and number five (still nameless) is almost in. It's just being a stubborn little thing. It's giving us some trouble at night, but her recent illness was our biggest problem. We're still fighting her ear infections with antibiotics, and the runny nose doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon.

Speaking of size, our plump near-toddler is now into size 18-24 month clothes. She can fit some 12 month clothes, but as with anything clothing it's a crap shoot based on manufacturing. And because it has begun getting cool here, we're working on keeping socks on her feet. Um, yeah, socks equal chew toys. Her newest nickname is One-sock because she always pulls one of them off. Shoes are even more of a challenge. Not only are we having trouble finding ones that fit, but ones that she can't pull off.

I keep thinking she's going start walking any day now, but we still have a ways to go. She's starting to work on her balance and getting more brave each day. She let's go of everything and stands for a few seconds before falling to her butt. She really loves it when we hold her hands and let her walk around the house. I may have to shell out some money for some walking wings soon to save my back.
Not only is she working on her standing but apparently she has a new groove. Anytime she hears music she starts to jiggle up and down with her "dancing" moves. It's hilarious to watch. Not only does music on the satellite set her off, but it could be a goofy song on Noggin and you'll see her bouncing.

In food news, we've had a breakthrough today (we'll see if it holds true). She started stage three foods a while back but has been on strike with them. Adam taste tested them and he said he knows why she doesn't like them, because they're gross. So for lunch today I tried a trick suggested by my December Mamas. I added some spice, cinnamon to be specific, and wouldn't you know it. She ate a half jar of Turkey and Veggies. YES! Success for a change. I thought at first it was because of the chunks, but she does just fine with finger and table foods. If she continues to strike we'll probably return the food and just start giving her "big people" food.
I know I'm
forgetting things, I really need to keep up with these updates more often!
Bobbi, she is so beautiful. It's crazy to think of how big they get so quickly. Matilda is already nine months and some days I forget I was even pregnant it seems so long ago lol.
ReplyDelete