Thursday, August 20, 2009

Follow Up

Yesterday was my follow up appointment with the OB regarding my loss of weight and to see what if anything came out of the bogus sonogram I had done on my ovary the week prior. The appointment was uneventful and I basically heard everything I expected to hear.

As far as my weight goes I gained a pound or two so now he's happy. I flat out asked him what I started at and it was lower than what I had thought. That makes this whole thing even more funny because I didn't lose as much weight to begin with.

As for the sonogram, he found my story humorous. Then he said that the "cyst" found was the corpus lutem. This would be the cyst from which the baby came. Had the "specialist" said so I would have been as concerned as I was. Why you ask? Because I know what that term means, duh! So after all is said and done the OB still doesn't know what's causing my pain. As long as it doesn't get progressively worse, everything should be fine. The lack for cause of concern is that the baby is 100% healthy. That makes me happy and I will deal with the pain in the mean time.

On top of the baby being healthy, the nurse found the heartbeat on the first try yesterday. That is awesome because some of their nurses look for 5 plus minutes before giving up and the doctor winds up finding it instantly. I'm not sure if it has to do with lack of experience, nerves, or what but they sure could use some more lessons in finding the heartbeat. And we, me and Bella, got to hear the lovely little lub dub's beating at 150 bpm. How sweet it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.